Thursday, August 1, 2013

My name is Lizzy Reagles and I hope to be going to high school in Japan soon! To study abroad would mean the world to me. I have always dreamed of visiting far off places and experiencing new cultures. Japan is my destination of choice not only because of the amazing cultural differences, but because of the great opportunities I feel it will give me as far as future careers and life lessons go.

Japanese culture overall is very centered around respect, it has become a mixture of old traditions and new ideas. Japan has the 3rd largest economy and is a leading nation in scientific research. Being able to experience this amazing culture and bring back with me what I have learned will in return not only give back to me as a person but to the community around me as I hope to be able to share with others what I have learned. 

I have recently gone through some tough times because of some family issues and my family isn't currently in a position to be able to pay for all of my tuition costs. But this makes me even more determined to accomplish my dream. I am putting the extra money I make with my part time job into my fund to help pay for the tuition fees and the extra cost of travel abroad. Hopefully soon I will be able to host a fundraising event to help cover these costs.

I hope that I will receive some help in raising tuition; which is why I am asking for donations from people in my community. I have joined the AFS Sponsor an AFSer program, which allows my friends and family to made secure non tax-deductible donations through my blog. Every donation goes directly to my AFS program tuition. No amount is too small--I know that times are tough, but every little bit will help me get a little bit closer to my goal. 

Thank you so much for reading this, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward this message to anyone else who you think might be interested in sponsoring my AFS experience.Keep checking back here to read more about me and keep up with my adventures once I actually get to Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment