Monday, October 6, 2014

Reflecting

Its hard to believe that my exchange is almost over. I have gotten to do so many cool things. See so many inspirational places. And most of all, I have been able to meet so many wonderful people.

Its fall here now. The wind has gotten colder. The rains have thinned. But you can still feel the warmth of the sun. Students have started wearing some of their winter cloths and the girls have already started complaining about chilly mornings and skirts. Right now I am able to sit back and enjoy this fine weather with a nice cup of tea. 

Test week starts tomorrow and I can't help but feel a little tired at the thought. Though contradictory to many things I say, I actually enjoy taking the tests. Not because I enjoy crashing and burning, but because I get more out of a test than just a grade. They help me realize that sometimes you just have to do the best that you can do. That if you don't get it right the first several times, it's ok, because life is not a game and you can keep trying till you succeed (still on that road right now). So it's ok to fail a few times on the road to success (or more than a few).

But even with a failure you can still have success. For instance I have never known another time where I have been so happy to receave a 23 on a test. I can look at that 23 on my math test and be the happiest person in the room. Why? Because I got better than I had expected.

I feel I have really grown as a person. Through my exchange I have been able to push myself to my limits. I have been able to recognize my strenghts and weaknesses. I have realized some of the deeper things in life like communtication goes beyond words, and everyone has their own story to tell. To some pretty obvious things like presentations are harder to give in a foreign language than they are in Engish, or that taking the wrong bus home makes for a late night. From being in Japan I can truly say I have become the happiest I have ever been. If I could go back in time I would not have done anything different on my exchange. Though my exchange is not over yet, the though of returning home in 4 months saddens me. I am so thankful every day it get to spend here. 

Thank you~

No comments:

Post a Comment